During the past year, you expressed your kindness and compassion in so many ways.
- You gave 75,000 hours of your time.
- You made over 11,000 visits with our patients and families:
- Sharing life stories, photos, and good times
- Listening to music, shopping, or fixing meals
- Holding a hand, comforting a family member, or walking a pet
- Helping our patients feel better with a haircut or a manicure
- Visiting with your pet therapy dogs and spreading the joy that brings
- You helped in our offices: filing, folding, stuffing, data entry, making phone calls, and writing cards-just to name a few!
- You made 2,600 calls each month to be sure patients and families had the medications and supplies they needed, and the families have the bereavement support they need.
- You kept the resale shops stocked and looking great, helping customers, and making the sales that fund special services for our patients.
- You helped out with somany fundraising and community events.
- Vigil volunteers compassionately sat with patients at the very end of life, each time on very short notice. Often, you stayed with them into the middle of the night so that they would not be alone.
For all of this and more, we say
As we continue to care for more patients and families, we need more volunteers who are dedicated to helping others. We need your help with recruiting others who share your commitment and compassion. Please let us know of any groups, communities, clubs or organizations the might be willing for us to come and give an uplifting presentation to improve their well-being and share the many volunteer opportunities. Thank you and have a wonderful summer!
Call 561-227-5138 or email me, firstname.lastname@example.org with any leads for talks.
Sue Gallup, Director of Volunteer Services